Friday, July 25, 2014

Shianne - Day 30


Shianne could hear her heart beat. 


It was going the same pace as her feet, her shoes softly clunking as she took each step.


How long had she been running now? She was too scared to turn her head back...what if she tripped? All the various possible deadly scenarios raced through her head. 


Her side began to ache. How much further should she go?

"Hello?"

Was that a voice? Or was she starting to lose it now?

"Miss?"

The same voice yelled again. Shianne was now sure it wasn't her imagination. 


In the distance a red-headed man waved frantically. 


He stood in front of a run-down farmhouse partially hidden by a line of trees. 


"It's safe, I'm clean, I promise!" He called to her. 


Shianne finally slowed down her sprint. The red-headed man let her inside and quickly barred the door behind her. 


"Are you okay?" he asked.

"Fine," Shianne said quickly trying to catch her breath.


"I'm Aaiden," he smiled, "I never thought I'd see another human."

Shianne clutched her side nodding. "Shianne."


"How long have you been out there? Is there anyone else with you?" He asked.

Shianne shook her head. 


"It's just me too. But I have food, and I have this place pretty well boarded up."

"Thanks," Shianne smiled, "but I don't plan on sticking any place very long."


"Okie dokie," Aaiden said nervously. "Well I may as well give you the grand tour."


"I found this place, at the beginning...of you know. Anyway, it was already a bit run-down when I moved in. The bathroom isn't the prettiest, but thanks to the well outside, it's functional.


Of course there's no electricity, but the couches are still pretty comfy. 


Most of the windows are boarded up, but we still get plenty of sunlight. And I found lots of candles. 


Fridge doesn't keep things cold, but it's still good storage. I was able to find a bunch of cans. Although, to be honest, I don't know how much longer I'll be able to live off that. 


Anyways, there was this weird empty room. 


And this super creepy nursery. 


Another disgusting bathroom.


And this bedroom. There's only one bed though. Um, of course I'll sleep on the couch tonight and let you have it.


But best of all there's this like watch tower at the top."

Shianne silently followed Aaiden around observing her surroundings. It actually wasn't that bad of a place to be holed up...it might actually work. 


The sun soon fell, and Shianne spent her first night in months in a real bed. 


Aaiden slept peacefully as well, soothed by the thought of another person upstairs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment